As a homeowner, how much do you know about your residential roofing system and why is the anatomy of residential roof matters in securing a safe home?
Today, the Crazy Horse Roofing team will help you identify various components of your residential roof system and the reason behind why it is important in securing a sheltered and comfortable life for your family.
What Structural Components Can Be Found Under Residential Roofs?
- Rafters – This is a key component used as a part of roof construction that runs from the hip of the roof, wall plate, or edge. Rafters’ main goal is to provide base support for the roof deck, coverings, and another roofing system from inside the home.
- Roof Deck – Is used as part of the roof’s structural framework that provides an added layer of protection between the roof, keeping your home safe and warm.
- Roof Truss – A structural component that supports the roof decking and its structure. It is designed in a triangular shape to extend the space above a room and gives additional support to the roof.
- Roof Eaves – This is an essential part of a roofing system located under the lower horizontal wherein it extends a small slope passing through the wall of a home. However, when done improperly- small animals, pests, and water ingress can easily be manifested.
- Roof Fascia – Is a long and straight board located at the edge of a roof. It supports most of the bottom row of tiles and the gutter system of your home.
- Roof Rake – This is an excellent and simple tool usually used in a gable-style roof. Roof rake helps gable style roof with an inclined edge in clearing excess snow on top of your residence.
One of the great ways in identifying whether each structural component is working properly in your residential roofing system is by having it inspected by a roofing expert.
Is your home ready for the latest hail, windstorm, and other unexpected events?
At Crazy Horse Roofing, we help you identify your residential roofing problems through our FREE ROOFING INSPECTION and provides you affordable and valuable recommendations in keeping your home safe and sound.
What Factors Should I Consider in Selecting a Residential Roofing System for My Home?
There are several factors to keep in mind when selecting a residential roof material for your home. The main role of a roofing system is to protect and keep your family safe, secure, and warm against extreme weather conditions. When selecting a specific roofing system, ask for guidance from roofing experts in choosing the right types of materials that will be best for your place of residence.
Here Are Some of the Important Factors to Consider:
- Cost – A residential roof varies from different locations. A roof replacement can go as high as $40,000 depending on regions, roofing materials, etc.
As a homeowner, it is important to assess all your options first. Whether it’s for a roof repair or replacement, have it professionally inspected then evaluate your options.
At Crazy Horse Roofing, we do a free roofing inspection first, then help you assess your options by giving you our expert’s recommendations. Once you make the decision, give us a call and our roofing specialists we’ll be there to attend to your roofing concerns.
- Warranty – The standard life span of a roofing system goes from 20 – 25 years. For some, it can go up to 50 years with proper installation, regular inspections, and maintenance work. Materials used can also be a factor when determining the warranty of a roofing system.
If you need a roof repair or replacement, check your insurance policy’s terms, conditions, and coverage first. Typically, insurance covers unforeseeable events such as sudden or accidental, and fortuitous events such as windstorm, fire, and hail.
Are you having a hard time processing your insurance claim?
The process of insurance claiming can be laborious and at times, very time-consuming. At Crazy Horse Roofing, we help you eliminate the hassle of going through the annoying insurance claiming process.
We offer Insurance Claim Assistance to help you make the process faster, easier, and time-saver.
- Maintenance and Repairs – Residential roofing systems are low-maintenance. This is why they are neglected oftentimes. Roofs also need attention at least twice a year or when a strong storm or hail occurs to check for damage or repair needs.
Whether you are looking for a roofing expert to do professional roofing inspections after the latest hail or windstorm, need help in processing your insurance claims, or simply looking to get your roof replaced ASAP, only trust the roofing experts proven to give expert care and professional recommendations for your roofing problems.
Have your roof professionally inspected today FOR FREE by no other than Northern Colorado’s top choice for roof repair and maintenance needs.
Call Crazy Horse Roofing now at (970) 297-5306 or contact us online. Let us help you in securing a safe and comfortable home for your whole family.